Apply to become a Nature Connection Leader.
Reconnect is looking to train a team of volunteer Nature Connection Leaders to co-deliver our successful nature connection and wellbeing course. This train the trainer course includes:
- 6 days training in woodlands.
- Gaining skills and knowledge in Nature Awareness, Camp Craft, and Nature Art.
- Learning how to manage groups, people skills, and leadership skills.
- Gaining an understanding of Reconnect’s approach to mental health and wellbeing.
- Time and space in nature with others.
Training is free and will include some voluntary delivery as a Nature Connection Leader. By the end of the course you will be confident in leading Reconnect’s nature connection sessions in woodland settings.
The course dates are as follows:
2nd March, 9th March, 16th March, 23rd March, and a two day session on 6th and 7th April 2018 which includes an overnight camp.
All training will take place in a woodland 10 minutes north from Narberth, Pembrokeshire.
If you’re interested please fill in this application form by 16th February 2018 – https://goo.gl/forms/nBlLLyf6HWEhK9hU2
- Natural empathy to help others
- Some experience of supporting others
- Good listening skills
- Confidence to become a group leader
- Ability to nurture a positive team ethos
- A good connection to nature or desire to nurture this connection
- Capacity to learn new skills and to gain accreditation as Nature Connection leader
- Reliability and commitment to complete the training and to co-deliver Nature Connection sessions
This a valuable training package and we are thankful for the LEADER plus project administered by PLANED to have funded the training packages for 2018.
The Reconnect in Nature team.
Supported by the Leader Programme in Pembrokeshire